- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart toes turned out slightly and your knees in line with your feet.
- Your back should be flat and your thighs almost parallel to the floor.
- Hold a dumb-bell in both hands on the outside of your thigh.
- Twist your torso to the side.
- Lift the dumb-bell up and across your body with straight arms. At the same time stand up and turn your torso.
- Keep your core muscles engaged at all times using them to control the movement.
- Rise up onto your toes as you twist.